Sunday, January 1, 2017

They said it here in The Sunday Times of Malta

In the second of a two-part feature Anthony Manduca lists some of the comments and controversial statements made during interviews with The Sunday Times of Malta in 2016. "This document is an evolution and tells divorced and remarried Catholics in certain cases that 'you're welcome back home and you can sit at the table'" - Fr Kevin Schembri, Lecturer in Pastoral Theology, on Pope Francis's apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia, April 17. "I hope I wasn't brought in because I'm considered to be a vote-catcher" - Manuel Mallia following his return to the Cabinet as Competitiveness Minister after he was sacked one and a half years earlier, May 15. "I am increasingly becoming a leftist. People want a change. They want an alternative" - Labour MEP Alfred Sant on the fact that Europeans are getting fed up with consensus politics, May 29. "The Prime Minister told me he wants me to express my opinions, even if I rock the boat. And yes, I will rock the boat on issues" - Environment Minister Jose Herrera on how he will be different to his cautious predecessor Leo Brincat, June 12. "We are not talking about abortion at all. Here we are talking about discrimination" - Lara...

from timesofmalta.com http://ift.tt/2hD37L5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment