Monday, December 31, 2018

Local personalities share their New Year’s resolutions - healthier politicians and better cooks

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Health Chris Fearne

To accept genuine criticism but to ignore gossip. To organise my shirts, t-shirts and sweaters better. To spend more time with my loved ones (including my dog!).

Minister for Justice, Culture and Local Government Owen Bonnici

On a professional level, my resolution is to engage more with the media and allocate more time to explain the beautiful things we are doing, answer in a more comprehensive way any legitimate questions which may from time to time arise and be faster in ironing out any fake news which sometimes is aired in particular quarters of the media. On a personal level, I intend to give more time to a healthier lifestyle: eating healthier food and train more. Mens sana in corpore sano!

Minister for Sustainable Development, Environment and Climate Change José Herrera

Although I do not usually make New Year's resolutions, this year I will make it a point to avoid using single-use plastics and I am also determined to challenge my smoking habit.

Leader of the Opposition Adrian Delia

On a personal level, I aim to work harder at listening more carefully rather than simply hearing people. On a political level, I believe there should be more respect, and therefore I will persevere in my fight against hatred in politics, whereas towards the  country, I will continue to work in order to achieve a greater environmental conscience to bequeath a cleaner and greener Malta for us and our children.

Deputy Leader for Party Affairs of the Nationalist Party Robert Arrigo

My wish is that 2019 will keep my loved ones healthy. I wish to see more forgiveness, more caring for others. Respect is at times, missing and I would remove all hate from some hearts.

 

Deputy Leader for Parliamentary Affairs of the Nationalist Party David Agius

Although it is a cliché, on a personal level, I intend to be healthier by eating better and continuing my regular runs. Being healthy improves a person quality of life in all aspects and this is why it is so important for me to maintain good health. I also wish to read more books which have been lying on my shelves for a while. On a political level, I intend to keep up and enhance my communication with everyone and to be available to listen.

 

Nationalist Party Secretary-General Clyde Puli

I stopped making New Year's resolutions a few years back, but nonetheless in the coming year I shall be once again attempting to create a better work-life balance and to eat less chocolate. After all, there is nothing wrong in giving it another try. On the political front, I take things much more seriously and as such I am determined more than ever to reform, re-organise and re-establish the Nationalist Party as an alternative government and a unique force for the promotion of a caring society and the common good.

 

MEP Miriam Dalli

My goal throughout the year is to work hard to be the best person I can be – as a mother, as a person and as a politician. I am one of those who believes that if you want to do something, just go for it. No need to wait for the New Year. However, target setting is always a good thing. It can provide an extra push if needed.

 

MEP Roberta Metsola

On a personal level I have two main resolutions: one is to try to find more time to read things other than briefing notes and draft legislation and the other is to experiment with new recipes. I love to cook and next year I want to stray from my comfort zone and discover what I can do with different ingredients from across the world. On a political level, my resolution is to do everything I can for the PN to retain three MEPs in the European Parliament. 

 

Singer Ira Losco

Every year I promise myself to start the year as a healthier and fitter version of myself. I start off well and then somewhere along the line I always get derailed. So I guess I'll try again this year. I'm currently detoxing so I'm hoping to waltz into 2019 with cleaner insides and liver. Other than that I stand by the mantra to be nice to others. It's something we heard repeatedly at the end of panto, but I seriously think we are in dire need of empathy and consideration for others. So I'm doing my bit and hoping it rubs off on others.

 

Actress and TV personality Eileen Montesin

Up until now, it has always been work, work, work. Having had a bad injury earlier this year and spending a good four weeks in a wheelchair made me realise I must slow down. I am determined to change this in 2019. The older you grow the more you realise how short life is and during the months of 2019 I am going to make it a point to do something for myself. Dedicate more time to my health, well-being and appearance but, most of all, do more often the things I like most such as admiring nature on my own for some peace of mind, trying out new recipes and gardening. Working 12 to 15 hours a day with no day off leaves me no time to do anything from the above-mentioned: 2019 is going to be different.

 

Footballer – Andre Schembri

Be more proactive;  stop over-thinking; be more patient

 

Presenter and model Ben Camille

Spend more quality time with my family (including the dogs of course) and closest of friends with our newest addition to the family, baby Elle! And help in any way possible towards making our country greener. 

 

DJ Joven Grech (Tenishia)

If I want something done, I am not the kind of guy to wait for a New Year's resolution. However, I do have a plan for 2019 on which I have already started working and that is to get better in the kitchen... not the eating side, I'm good at that already but cooking. I have been spoilt by my grandma's lovely dishes so I never had to even think about cooking at all. I'm quite a disaster at it and I'm hoping to get better by giving a few recipes a try. Just for my neighbours' peace of mind, the fire-extinguisher and the fire-blanket are already in place.

 

Singer Claudia Faniello

My New Year's resolution is to stick to it, but the following are things I try to live by in general:

Learn something new

More family time

Become healthier

Travel as much as possible

Improve self

Read more

Be kind

Love deeper

Be an awesome human being

 

Musician Gianni Zammit

Basically, I'm not making any! As I said no more guitars last year, and that went out of the window; I said I'm going to try to exercise more and that's going well, so I don't need to re-resolution that! And last year I also said that I'll better my work/life balance – let's not even go there!!



from The Malta Independent http://bit.ly/2AmqPYq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment