Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Brexit is a test of the extent of political deafness

Vote leave supporters outside Downing Street in London after Britain voted to leave the European Union. Photo: Kevin Coombs/Reuters

When I first moved to The Netherlands three years ago, quite a few things turned out just as I expected. Many were much more positive than I had thought. But one thing stood out as a big surprise – the extent of Euroscepticism among the Dutch voting public. As a Brit, I thought we had a monopoly on deep Euroscepticism. The result of the EU referendum indeed underlines British attitudes. But I was obviously mistaken in believing this to be an exclusively British issue. Now that Britain has answered for itself the question of its relationship with the EU, the next big question to be answered... This article is part of our premium content. Full story is available on Times of Malta Premium.

from timesofmalta.com http://ift.tt/29elVSv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment