Saturday, July 30, 2016

There’s a Pokémon in my room

Will augmented reality make us even more susceptible to blur the already fine lines between truth and fiction? Photo: Thomas Deco / Shutterstock.com

The shriek echoed around the house. "Eek! Everyone! Quick! COME QUICK! I FOUND ONE!" By the time I followed my daughter's racket upstairs – was it a spider, a snail or a slug? – the S.O. was already by her side. Together they were excitedly snapping away photos of the latest resident in the house: Pudgey the Pokemon, a greyish, frowning, winking owl jumping up and down in the middle of the room. I could not even spout my sceptical bah-humbug-these-modern-games spin, because dear reader, I too got carried away by enthusiasm. The V-shape of my raised eyebrow abruptly changed to a soft O-shape... This article is part of our premium content. Full story is available on Times of Malta Premium.

from timesofmalta.com http://ift.tt/2altzev
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment